Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Primer..... DONE!

Yesterday, Shelley and I went to the mailbox and picked up the primer. Last night I added an epoxy barrier to the hull wherever I ground too far or in places I wanted more protection...






Today I got the primer coat completed... I used 5 1/2 of the 6 quarts that I purchased... Good guess! I took them into Home Depot and the people in the paint department were kind enough to shake them for me... The heat today was incredible! I had to work really fast as the paint was drying while still in the tray...





Now for the interesting news.... Last night I re-read the instruction sheets for the Trinidad SR bottom paint... In small print on the second page I noticed that as a part of the paint timing instructions, the writer talked about the "maximum" time before launching.... This turned out to be 60 days... Really? Who knew?

On Monday I will call the rep at Trinidad and double check.... If this is true I want to know why you can't leave the painted boat on the hard and I suppose that I will have to paint the bottom just before launching in the spring....

Just for fun...

Here is a picture of the hull taken last spring:


And Today:









Tomorrow I will get to work of the boot stripe....

No comments:

Post a Comment