Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wow... The Shower is Starting to Come Together...




Here is where I ended up today...  I ran out of glue so I still have some vinyl to glue down...  But what I have done is going to work great...  I am really hoping my brother in law will help get the rest done next weekend when he comes down...  He installs flooring for a living... What he can do really well in an hour would take me 10 and not do as good of a job... :)

Friday, October 28, 2011

A Little More Progress...

Today I got as far as I can go before I cover the walls with something...  I think that the shower is starting to look like a shower...  As you can see I have installed the water and drain for the washing machine and the waterline for the ice maker. As soon as I cover the walls with something then I can finish installing the shower taps and move on to another project...



Monday, October 24, 2011

The Shower is Starting....

Over the last few days I started to install the shower.  There isn't a square corner or right angle anywhere in this boat so I find myself struggling along.... That said, I am making progress... I have installed the drain and the floor, framed in the wall, and roughed in the storage cabinet that will eventually hold soap and shampoo etc. Above the spot where the door will eventually go is 3 holes where I will be placing the lights for the shower...






Over the next few visits I will get the plumbing finished and the walls roughed in.  Then when it is warm enough and or my brother in law is available, I will get him to line the inside of the shower stall with King Board... This stuff is very expensive but is waterproof and incredibly durable and easy to clean...

Monday, October 17, 2011

Plodding Along....

As the weather gets cooler and the rain continues to fall, staying motivated to keep working on the boat gets much more difficult...  That said, progress is still being made...  On the weekend, I managed to get the focile (workshop at the front of the boat) painted and it is now completely re-wired. As I progress now I will start to put tools and spare parts away in this room....



I have decided to wire the boat working from the bow to the stern (front to back).  As I go along I will post pictures of my progress...  At the same time I am trying to get some of the carpentry done for the new shower and our new bed.  I have to admit, this is very difficult for me, as there are many angles and curves in a boat that add a degree of difficulty not found in square structures... 

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Engine Compartment is Done...

Here is a photo of the finished engine compartment. It is well lit with a series of LEDs. The bilge pumps are set up and working and the shower sump is connected. In the process I discovered that the engine blower isn't working. I have ordered a new one and and enough new hose to vent it out the transom.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Engine Is Re-Wired!!!!

Yesterday and today I spend about 15 hours getting the engine re-wired. At the end of today everything is working except one temperature sensor... Not bad I would say...
The interior of the boat is a total disaster... I have been down in the engine compartment and so I have not been tidying up as I was going along... Tomorrow after work, I will take some time to get things organized.... Thanks to Greg G. For coming by today... Your help is appreciated.
My last project today was to run about 4 gallons of antifreeze through the engine so it is now ready for winter. All in all a good couple of days....
My next project will be to re-wire the two independent bilge pump systems and install a high water alarm system then get some lighting installed in the engine room. At that point, I should be able to re-install the engine compartment doors so getting around the salon of the boat will be easier.
On a financial note, I sold the old inverter/charger on eBay for $300 and sold one of the old breaker panels that I replaced to a friend a the yacht club for $100... Can you believe it, money actually went into the kitty this week!
FYI if anyone needs/wants a couple of gallons of Kiwi Grip, let me know. I will sell them both or alone for a very reasonable price... Just send me a note...
For all our Canadian friends, have an awesome thanksgiving!!! Cheers!!!
Sent from Kyle's iPad