Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter!

In life, things don't always work out as we plan them. Last week we had all the people and equipment in place to get our Bubbles back to Lake Ontario. On Wednesday, the folks at Andrews Trucking got around to telling me that there is a half load restriction in place in Southern Ontario until the end of April or middle of May, depending how damp things are...

Great.... I then had to cancel the crane, the tractor, the help, the people at the boat yard and so on, and so on... I had also booked a week off work to make this all come together...

Oh well, I guess it was not meant to be. As soon as the province takes the weight restriction off, I should be good to go.
So. this week I plan to get the rest of the boat inventoried and get all the bits and pieces put away.

Today I had to work for a few hours but this morning I got the new compressor installed and IT WORKS! I started the generator and ran the compressor and filled a small pony bottle. Life will be awesome when we find a beautiful reef in the middle of no where and have the equipment we need on board to dive as often as we like..... We can't wait!






I also made a handle for the locking pins in the aft cabin. now we just pull (or push) the handle and the lazerette will lock or unlock simply and easily.





The last job today was to install the "T" in the fuel line so that I can connect the fuel polisher directly in line on our boat.  Next week i hope to run the fuel through and see how dirty it is...


Over the next week we will keep plugging away on the jobs that need to be done. Hopefully we will hear soon that the roads are ready for us...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment