Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Frustrating Week....

Last week we got great news from the company in Laval Quebec who were making our new front windows. They informed me that the job was complete and they were shipping them on a skid via Maritine-Ontario Freight-line Company.

So on Monday night the skid left Bomon in Quebec and on Friday last week they still had not shown up.

So I called Friday morning and they assured me that they were out for delivery that day... By 3:00 they had not arrived so I called M-O back again... This time they told me that the driver couldn't find my location.... I then told them I would talk directly to the driver... In the mean time they changed their story and now the skid was back at the warehouse....

So I drove to Brampton Ontario telling them that I would pick it up there....

At 7pm after searching their warehouse they admitted that they, in-fact had no idea where my windows were....

Disappointed, I went home and cancelled the help I had on Saturday to install the windows....

It is now Tuesday, and today The people at Bomon told me today that they were starting production on a new set of windows... Thank you, Thank you!

Now to be clear, the claims manager at Maritime-Ontario has been nothing but helpful... and my hope is that they will make good on their mistake...

I'm just really sad that of all the things they could have lost, it had to be a set of windows that are custom made and one of a kind that can't be replaced easily...

Hopefully, in the next few weeks we will see this all come to a happy ending...

In the mean time, I got a few other small projects finished on the boat. I was able to replace the solenoid on the gas line for the oven, I got the macerator pump working, and I added a small drain on either side of the deck that will allow the last bit of water drain off the deck now that they are 1/2" lower since the teak was removed...





I also added clips for the boat poles that will make them easy to get to in the event I need them.




The last project was a really neat holder for the deck washdown hose... I acquired a 2 foot section on PVC 8" field tile drain... what a great way to store the hose...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment