Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's Time to Get Back To The Water...

Today I looked at the new hybrid map on my iPad and found this:


Yep, that is our boat!
This week we made arrangements with the trucking company to bring the boat back to Lake Ontario next spring... It will be a VERY EXPENSIVE proposition....

At this point it looks like it will be about $8,000 to keep the boat next year. $800 for the crane, $3000 for the truck, $1000 to put the boat in the water, then $3200 for a slip for next season... WOW! We are trying to find ways to trim that number down....

The other day I went to turn on the fridge and it didn't work. I called my friend Derek and he figured out that the controller was broken. No problem, how much can that cost, I wondered?.... Are you ready for this? $485! Fortunately I found one on eBay for $150... We will pick it up next week and I hope it fixes the problem....

Today, my father in law (Ed) and Bill S. helped me bleed the steering system again.... I really hope we got the air out this time....

I also got the dodger frame installed today and next week I will make a pattern to make a new dodger...

Just another day on the boat.... On a happy note we now have the tarps ready to go. Before the snow flys we will cover the boat and keep it safe for the winter...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment