Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017

Monday, July 25, 2011

Today I Got Some Work Done On The Front and Back...

I ordered some 1/8" aluminium for the bow area of the deck around the anchor windlass. Part of the reason there was so much rot in that area was that every time the anchor hit the deck, it cracked the fiberglass.... To remedy that I have epoxied a big hunk of aluminium into that area.


As I waited for each side to cure a little I tackled the job of getting the dinghy davit brackets off the transom.... That was a tough job but they are now gone.... I am glad I did this as I found that the aluminium that was used to secure the bracket had reacted with the stainless steel bolts that help it on and had rotted half way through... I am replacing the backing plate with 3/8" aluminum and putting some epoxy on it to stop any more disintegration from dis-similar metals...
Another great weather day to get quite a bit accomplished...

No comments:

Post a Comment