Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Making Progress...

Alot has happened since our last post...  We have added a new tarp because the single tarp we were using leaked and I ended up flooding out an area in a rainstorm that I had opened up to dry out... What a mess!  We now have a second tarp over the boat....

We have now removed ALL of the hatches and windows from the boat and have taken them to KW Glass in Waterloo where they will be re-glazed and cleaned up.  Thank you to Rob and his crew for doing this!

Speaking of crews, today Bill and Glen came to the boat and worked all morning drilling out the deck...  Whooo-hooo! it is now done... special thanks to Bob who delivered a dozen really sharp drill bits which made the job go really quickly...


Now we wait... hopefully in the next few weeks the deck will dry out and I will be able to treat the rotten wood with CPES, a product that will make all things well.  After that cures, I will fill in all the holes we made with epoxy and end up with a NEW deck!  We will finish the deck with paint and a new product out of New Zealand called of all things, Kiwi-Grip... Not cheap, but provides a great looking, low maintenance, non-slip surface on our deck...

The last job today was to make a template of the bow-deck area so I can get a sheet of aluminum cut to protect the deck around the anchor area.

Last bit of good news - We have found a local marine supplier who has promised to sell us the marine parts we need a prices that don't leave us feeling like we have been taken advantage of...  That will be a great relief if everything works out...  Also, we found a company near Buffalo NY who is going to fix our broken wind generator...  There are so many things we are finding problems with... Oh well, at least we are finding people who can help us get things fixed up....

More soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment