Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Down and DIRTY.... Starting to Strip the Old Bottom Paint off...

I have put this off as long as I could... Yesterday I started the long dirty job, grinding the paint off the keel.... after about 5 hours over 2 days and a dozen disks, I have finished stripping the keel.... Now I can make the repairs and get it ready for new bottom paint....












Today I tested the chemical stripper that I will use on the rest of the bottom... It seems to work well.




Today Brian came by to see what he needed to do some aluminum welding for me.... Early next week I hope we can get started at the welding jobs....



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment