Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Ceiling is Now Clear...

Today, I licked my wounds and got the aft section of the walls and ceiling cleared... And to no ones surprise, there was more rot and stinky carpet to be removed...  Can anyone tell me why a boat builder would install carpet EVERYWHERE!  Oh and did I mention that they used the "foam backed" carpet which is stuck in pieces everywhere and now must be scrapped off... (any volunteers?)

Oh well, I can now start removing the deck hardware... Once the deck hardware is gone I can begin the process of finding out how extensive the damage to the decks is and get an idea of how long it will take to dry out and repair....






As I was removing some of the floor, I found two surprises... An old can of tuna and a can of brown rasin bread... Anyone wanna try it?  Part of this discovery tells me that we should really keep good notes as to where we store things on the boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment