Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Friday, June 6, 2014

Getting The Last Jobs Done....

With just a few weeks to go before we head out on our adventure I am sometimes a little overwhelmed at what has been done, and what still remains to be finished....

First, last Saturday, Shelley and I had a wonderful night at the Rockmosa Hall in Rockwood ON, where the congregations I serve gave us an amazing Bon Voyage dinner.  We were piped in to a wonderful dinner and then entertained by singers and skits as we celebrated the last 11 years of ministry together...

My last Sunday will be the 29th of June.  I suspect that as much as we are looking forward to leaving, it will be really difficult to say goodbye after such a long and happy time together...

The good news is that they will continue to support Shelley and I in our Right to Write Ministry so there is not a complete separation...


Last weekend I finally got around to replacing the leaky water pump on the engine...  I hope it works better than the old one, although the old one leaked for 2 years before I finally got around to fixing it...

Yesterday I spent most of the day calling various credit card companies and institutions to cancel and forward our information...  The longest time on "hold" was with City Hall trying to make arrangements for our final tax bill and final water/sewage bill...  I waited 35 minutes on hold...  The good news is that when I finally got through I spoke to a very kind and knowledgeable lady who made all things well...

Last evening our youngest daughter received an athletic award at her high school...  Not the most exciting way to spend an evening, but we were very proud of her accomplishments and I think she has done well both athletically and academically.  She is off to the University of Guelph to pursuit a degree in science this fall...  I know she will do well. Our next youngest will also be in Guelph in the fall finishing her nursing degree....  It is so nice having really smart kids....



A few weeks ago one of the families in our church lost a barn full of pigs.  As if that wasn't devastating enough it happened just as they were trying to get their crops in....  On a Sunday afternoon I stopped by to visit and see how they were making out and I asked the oldest son if there was anything I could do to help...  They must have been really desperate because most of last week I spent time driving a huge John Deere tractor, helping them get fields ready for planting...  For the first few days they had me spreading manure (which seemed fitting) and the last few days I graduated to a plow that "conditions" the soil...  I hope whatever I did was helpful....

Yesterday, I opened an email and found a local chandlery was selling the Kuuma BBQ's for $130 (reg.$190).  When Shelley and I were at the boat on Tuesday evening we spent over an hour trying to cook a few sausages on our 8 year old BBQ which kept going out...  Needless to say we are now the happy owners of a brand new BBQ....

This morning I finally got the last stained glass window finished.  My friend Bill and I have been working for the last few months to get 4 small stained glass windows made for the windows in our aft cabin.  They will look good and provide the privacy we need in our bedroom...  Next week I will install them and take some pictures of them in place... In case they don't make sense, from the top to the bottom the first one is 3 fishes, the second one is our name spelled out in flags, the third is an anchor and the bottom one is a palm tree with the sun behind...  I think they will work great after I silicone them onto the inside of the hatch windows...

The last thing accomplished this week is that we picked up 20 meters (by 60") of "rip-stop" nylon material and some fiberglass poles to make a sunshade to go over the boat when we are at anchor to help keep things cool... it looks like it will work really well!  We also picked up a piece of foam and used up the last of our Sunbrella material and made a seat cushion and back rest for our outside helm seat. I'll post pictures next time I go to the boat...

Cheers everyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment