Directions

Our latest entry always comes up first...

Click this link if you want to start at the beginning of our trip from
South Carolina (where we bought the boat) to Lake Ontario Click this link:

If you want to see the story of our 2 1/2 year project getting
Blowin' Bubbles ready for our life on board click here:
FIRST "REFIT" BLOG ENTRY - March 2011

If you want to start at the beginning of our trip:
START OF TRIP - July 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Friday, June 14, 2013

Two Little Jobs...

Today Shelley and Kelly went to Toronto to see Taylor Swift! You have no idea what I went through to buy them each a ticket!  Needless to say I am happy to listen to her music on the radio, so I went to the boat and got two little jobs done.

The first was to replace the lock on the main hatch door.  We had a $100 lock on a $5 latch!  All anyone would have to do is to take a pair of pliers to the hasp and the hatch would be open.  I bought a good lock with two solid pins that will make it much more dificult to break...  After I took the pictures I put 2 coats of clear marine varathane on it and it looks great!



The second job was to build a small table for the cockpit so we have somewhere to eat and put drinks when we are sitting in the cockit.  It is made out of solid pine and after I took the picture I gave it a good sanding and 2 coats of clear marine varathane...





A good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment